Isabella - Computer Guru
Isabella Eating II
Isabella 5 Months
The Myall Lakes N.P., and the Grandis.
Unfortunately, the rain simply would not go away, so it was wet and miserable. Still, It was the first long driv for Isabella, and she handled it extremely well. We didn't need to stop any more often than we normally do, really.
Songi Kran Festival (Thai New Year)Last Year we where in Thailand. Thai's chuck water all over the place, and have a national water fight. Splendid.
This year we visited the Buddhist temple in Leumeah which was holding a fete for SongKran. Lots of thai food, water fights, and buddha status.
Isabella at 8 weeks
Bud and I got given a lot of advice while she was pregnant, and more now that Isabella is here. Almost none of it is worth the price we paid for it. Some of it was. I thought I would make a tiny list of "things they didn't tell you" in the spirit of cluttering the world with more opinion dressed up as fact.
- Sleep is good. Do it as much as you can. Naps during the day aren't a Bad Thing.
- You can't use anything without a pause button without going insane.
- Epidurals, by design, give out at the crucial moment. Not bad I suppose, but you don't need suprise on top of the pain...
- Midwives are all batshit crazy. Take your sunglasses.
- Never seen a million Watt smile? You will soon.
- Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and it usually stinks. Take the good, leave the bad, never feel guilty about this.
- Dunstan Baby Language DVD's are the best $50 you will ever spend. A revelation. Why guess when its already been worked out scientifically?
- Johnsons and Johnsons products aren't everywhere because they're good for your baby...
- Life as you know it is NOT over. What a silly thing to say...
- Isabella has 8 Uncles and Aunts. Who knew?
- They're right about cars and baby's. Its like vallium.
- Woolworths online now makes perfect sense.
Mum is well and recovered quickly.
Life is different now!
Floriade - Canberra