Isabella at 8 weeks
Bud and I got given a lot of advice while she was pregnant, and more now that Isabella is here. Almost none of it is worth the price we paid for it. Some of it was. I thought I would make a tiny list of "things they didn't tell you" in the spirit of cluttering the world with more opinion dressed up as fact.
- Sleep is good. Do it as much as you can. Naps during the day aren't a Bad Thing.
- You can't use anything without a pause button without going insane.
- Epidurals, by design, give out at the crucial moment. Not bad I suppose, but you don't need suprise on top of the pain...
- Midwives are all batshit crazy. Take your sunglasses.
- Never seen a million Watt smile? You will soon.
- Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and it usually stinks. Take the good, leave the bad, never feel guilty about this.
- Dunstan Baby Language DVD's are the best $50 you will ever spend. A revelation. Why guess when its already been worked out scientifically?
- Johnsons and Johnsons products aren't everywhere because they're good for your baby...
- Life as you know it is NOT over. What a silly thing to say...
- Isabella has 8 Uncles and Aunts. Who knew?
- They're right about cars and baby's. Its like vallium.
- Woolworths online now makes perfect sense.
Mum is well and recovered quickly.
Life is different now!
Iain and Bud's Wedding
Thank you so much to everyone that made it such a long way for us, it meant a tremendous deal to both of us.
A special thank you to lovely Emily who made our day perfect - a little purple angel.
Luke and Kyrya's Wedding
Kyrya was an absolutely stunning bride. She carried the spotlight like a superstar. A good time was had by everyone, and it was great to catch up with friends from all over - these things have teh tendency to be a reunion as well.
Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Smith! :)